• ITV Experience Assessment Workshop & ITV Experience Group 2012 – Included workshops on how to pursue a career in television
• Channel 4 Inspiration Programme 2010 – Included workshops on journalism, acting & presenting and directing & producing
• Appeared on Channel 4 programme, ‘The Audience’ – July 2012
• Video interviewed by Channel 4 about their talent programme – July 2011
• Interviewed about journalism for The Young Creatives website – January 2011
• Interviewed about the Channel 4 talent programme by The Guardian – November 2010
• Interviewed about music journalism by BBC Radio Sheffield – July 2010
• Interviewed about journalism by the Sheffield Star Newspaper – March 2010
Broadcast Journalist, Normandy Tourist Board; Normandy – June 2013
My main role was to attend commemoration events hosted for the 69th anniversary of the Battle of Normandy. I wrote and filmed relevant content that was distributed across a variety of online and social media channels. I visited museums, attended memorial services and interviewed veterans and visitors.
Editorial Intern, The Northern Echo; Darlington – January 2013
I wrote regional and national news stories for the daily morning newspaper. I attended editorial meetings, reported from Darlington Magistrates Court, conducted interviews and sourced images.
Temporary Office Manager, SHM Foundation; London – September 2012 to present
My overall responsibility was to ensure the high quality ‘welcome’ to visitors and clients. I also organised and prepared client and internal events, handled confidential information and managed and booked travel for clients.
Press and PR Support, Sheff Doc Festival; Sheffield – June 2012
I was responsible for arranging interviews, work space and registering press.
Editor and Founder, Living In London Magazine; London – January 2012 to present
The online magazine averages 4000 views per month and content includes news, entertainment, fashion and music. In February 2012 Living In London was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award and has been developed into a multi-platform service across Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Youtube.
Editorial Intern, INK Publishing; London – August to September 2011 & March to April 2012
I wrote for several inflight publications and worked with a selection of editors. I researched original articles, wrote features, conducted interviews, organised photo shoots and called in products from PRs. This internship resulted in me going into the INK offices twice a week during the following spring to assist the editorial department.
New Media Intern, Channel 4; London – April 2012
While at Channel 4 I contributed to 4od’s ‘Categories Page’, which went live during my placement. I wrote a variety of show summaries and managed content on the Channel 4 website.
Press and PR Support, Tramlines Music Festival; Sheffield – July 2011
Duties included managing the media office and delegating press, band and VIP passes.
Editorial Intern, NME Magazine; London – May 2011
My role consisted of administrative assignments as well as writing reviews and conducting interviews. I supported the editorial staff in activities leading to printing and contributed to the organisation and research of features.
Press and PR Support, The Political Academy; London – November 2010 to May 2011
I became heavily involved in the successful six-week UK referendum campaign, ‘What You Saying’ and the 2012 ‘Force Forward’ campaign. I have interviewed David Blunkett, Hilary Benn and Anne Begg on the Academy’s behalf.
Journalist, SHM Foundation; London – November 2010
The Foundation used my editorial abilities to assist the team in the evaluation of Channel 4’s 2010 inspiration programme. I also assisted in the development of their political and educational schemes.
Editorial Intern, Exposed Magazine; Sheffield – July 2010
I was responsible for writing interviews and reviews on beauty products, fashion, restaurants and music. I contributed to the company’s website and assisted in the completion of the magazine’s entertainment and listing guides. After my placement I helped in the production and distribution of Exposed’s official Tramlines Music Festival programme.
Features Editor, Sheffield Music Scene; Sheffield – November 2009 to November 2010
After my appointment as Features Editor, the online magazine reported an increase of 1500 hits per issue. Duties included writing music interviews and festival reviews. I also co-ordinated the communication between SMS employees and band management/PR companies. Responsibilities included the sub-editing of written material, the monitoring of related social media sites and the sourcing of photography.
Editorial Intern, re:Play Magazine; Sheffield – June 2009
During my placement I co-produced the first issue of re:Play Teen magazine with interviews and reviews.
My articles have been published regularly in Made In Sheffield, Unseen Magazine, Leeds’ Student Magazine, City Online, Verve Magazine and the Mercury Newspaper in addition to those I’ve undertaken work experience with.
• In 2011, I was appointed Channel 4 Ambassador and promoted the company’s talent and inspiration projects in Northern England
• I’m very interested in foreign reporting, in particular the way that the western media covers the developing world and how the nature of this has changed in the digital era
• I’m also fascinated by the interaction between politics and the media, specifically in regards to the morally and legally questionable behaviour by public figures
• In 2013, I became a member of The Lost Debating Society which encourages people to challenge, think and debate serious topics
• Excellent Mac and PC skills
• Experience in producing and editing radio and video interviews and packages
• Picture selection, editing and enhancement in Adobe Photoshop
• Extensive use of WordPress and social networking sites such as Twitter, Youtube and Facebook as marketing tools
• An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and Marketing (SEO and SEM)
• An understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Google Fusion, Tableau Public, Google Refine, Data Wrangler, ProPublica tools and ScaperWiki